Monday, March 8, 2010

New Orleans is one of my favorite cities, and always will be. I've decided that my parents have to visit the city, only because I will never have enough money to buy them all the souvenirs I would want to get them to fully appreciate what an amazing city it.

At our big group dinner we went around the table and told our favorite moment of the week and I just couldn't label one part of the trip as my favorite one since I loved the trip, with the food, work, chaos and just waking up to a room full of people. It was definitely interesting being a co-coordinator for the trip (and most attendees will tell you that I made it very clear that I was a co-coordinator, not a mom :D) and I couldn't help but compare every minute of the trip to last year's experience. It was a strange sense of deja vu every morning as we were getting ready for work but it was interesting to see how people interacted on this trip compared to the interactions from last year's trip. While we had a great time at NOLAC and think the fact that we were working in the same building established a different (better?) bond than the one we had last year because we could talk about work, it was strange not to hear about manual labor or having someone fall through a window :)

It was a fun and exhausting trip but it would not have been possible without every single person that went. Thank you to all of our volunteers, you were always on time and made the trip that much easier :)

No comments:

Post a Comment